The S2Maui VENOM from Artur Szpunar and Barry Spanier has a legacy of design experience creating winning sails that powered many champions at the highest international and national level competitions. S2Maui provides the engines that allow riders to achieve their goals. After an amazing 2018 season where S2Maui VENOM rider Delphine Cousin won 4 consecutive events to become World Champion, we are happy to see her continue this good form, having already won 2 PWA slalom events this season. S2Maui VENOM has also powered Antoine Questel to some of his career best results in 2019! We are most impressed by the success of our great team of national riders around the world who claimed multiple championships in Greece, France, Japan, Holland, Peru and Hawaii.
S2Maui’s development never stops and the especially intense VENOM Race Sail program benefits from the feedback of our customers and riders as well as the detailed reports from our champion-filled World Cup and test team, Antoine Questel, Delphine Cousin Questel, Micah Buzianis, Mark Boersma, Casey Hauser and Gabriel Browne. The 2020 S2Maui VENOM brings performance and refinement to the next level!
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE VENOM?
Experience, passion for performance and meticulous design attention create the magic formula of radical acceleration, power and speed with incredibly light and smooth handling. The VENOM combines ease and pleasure of use with lethal performance that can win races at the highest level of competition.
2020 DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE FEATURES
• CAM ROTATION, NO HESITATION: The 2020 VENOM uses new, low friction, multi-roller, wide footprint cambers at high pressure stations. Together with luff curve adjustments and alternate side batten pockets down low, rotation is smooth, complete and symmetrical.
• FASTER WITH MORE HORSEPOWER: Shaping locked low in sail body, leaner shape above boom with pronounced “Leeward Pre-Bend” provides an extremely efficient and fast wing while increased lift gives the horsepower to keep accelerating.
• BALANCED LIFT: Careful attention has been given to profile shape and twist flow on each sail size to accomplish the perfect balance of lift and downforce for optimum speed and efficiency
• OPTIMIZED SIZING AND OUTLINES: Sail sizes and outline proportions have been optimized for consistent, maximum performance and perfect sail body tension on the recommended mast.
• 7-BATTENS: Super-light in the hands, better pumping, easier rotation and more efficient twist while maintaining 100% stability and wind range.
• SLALOM AND FOIL-SLALOM: New powerful 9.0 VENOM size designed to give optimum speed and handling for both traditional light wind slalom racing (with fin) as well as new PWA style, slalom foil.
• MORE ACCELERATION: Outline and shaping optimized for powerful and direct forward acceleration out of each jibe allowing you to overtake when the opportunity arises!
• SMOOTH, STABLE AND BALANCED: The 2020 VENOM flies smooth and balanced, even on the roughest and most gusty race course, allowing you to maintain optimal board trim and body position and focus on being the fastest, while others struggle.
2020 LIGHTEST AND BEST ENGINEERED CONSTRUCTION
• The lightest PWA champion slalom sail.
• Refined panel layout increases use of “performance film” in the lower sail body and focuses new superlight, low stretch “Bright Molten Red” and “Intense
Metallic Blue” Technora Spacelight TM in the upper leech for instant and reactive leech response
• Multiple, full length vertical luff panels lock in shaping and resist stretch from downhaul loads.
• “Light Tip” upper battens with custom fittings designed. Reduces sail weight further in most important areas and quickens leech response.
• Varying Flex Carbon/composite tubes carefully suited to each batten position.
• New material extra-durable mast sleeve top protector.
• Abrasion protection of lower two battens in rigging and boom wear areas.
• Extended sleeve bottom protection.
• Reinforced leading edge at camber contact points.
• High Strength Epoxy batten tips and close tolerance tip/tube interface for durability and smooth bend.