The S2Maui VENOM from Artur Szpunar and Barry Spanier has a legacy of design experience creating winning sails that powered many champions at the highest international and national level competitions. S2Maui provides the engines that allow riders to achieve their goals. It has been a pleasure to witness S2Maui VENOM rider Delphine Cousin accomplish 2 consecutive PWA Championship seasons, winning both slalom and foil! S2Maui VENOM has also powered Antoine Questel to some of his career best results! We are most impressed by the success of our great team of national riders around the world who regularly claim multiple championships in Greece, France, Japan, Holland, Peru, Brazil and Hawaii each season. S2Maui’s development never stops and the especially intense VENOM Race Sail program benefits from the feedback of our customers and riders as well as the detailed reports from our champion-filled World Cup and test team, Antoine Questel, Delphine Cousin Questel, Micah Buzianis, Mark Boersma, Casey Hauser and Gabriel Browne. The 2021 S2Maui VENOM brings performance and refinement to the next level!
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE VENOM?
Experience, passion for performance and meticulous design attention create the magic formula of radical acceleration, power and speed with incredibly light and smooth handling. The VENOM combines ease and pleasure of use with lethal performance that can win races at the highest level of competition.
2021 DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE FEATURES
• INCREASED EFFICIENCY: 2021 S2Maui VENOM has revised outlines and sizes with slightly shorter chord length and more efficient twist pattern for increased speed, acceleration, efficiency and ease of jibing.
• HIGHER TOP SPEED: The 2021 VENOM is a 3-dimensional wing with profile shape, leech twist profile and leeward pre-bend precisely optimized for blistering top speed.
• GREATER RANGE AND STABILITY: The 2021 VENOM’s panel layout improves the orientation of S2Maui’s exclusive superlight and strong Technora Spacelight™ in the upper leech reducing weight for instant and reactive leech response. Performance film increased in the mid-sail body to lock in complete stability.
• SMOOTH, COMPLETE, CAM ROTATION: The 2021 VENOM uses S2Maui’s low friction, multi-roller, wide footprint cambers at high pressure stations. Cam pressure has been carefully tuned for correct blend of stability and smooth, complete rotation. Lower cams have preinstalled, removable shims for further tuning.
• FORWARD DRIVE AND ACCELERATION: More direct transmission of power to forward acceleration, allowing the 2021 VENOM rider to leave the pack behind out of each jibe mark.
• OPTIMIZED LIFT: Careful attention to accomplish the perfect balance of lift and downforce keeps you perfectly trimmed while flying across the water.
• 7-BATTENS: Super-light in the hands, better pumping, easier rotation and more efficient twist while maintaining 100% stability and wind range.
• SMOOTH, STABLE AND BALANCED: The 2021 VENOM flies smooth and balanced, even on the roughest and most gusty race course, allowing you to maintain optimal board trim and body position and focus on being the fastest, while others struggle.
2021 LIGHTEST AND BEST ENGINEERED CONSTRUCTION
• The lightest PWA champion slalom sail.
• Superlight, low stretch “Fluorescent Yellow” and “Intense Metallic Blue” Technora Spacelight™ in the upper leech for instant and reactive leech response.
• Multiple, full length vertical luff panels lock in shaping and resist stretch from downhaul loads.
• High Quality INOX clew eyelets with leech abrasion reinforcement
• Removeable, light weight “VIPER CLIP” clew pulley.
• “Light Tip” upper battens with custom fittings designed. Reduces sail weight further in most important areas and quickens leech response.
• Varying Flex Carbon/composite tube carefully suited to each batten position.
• New material extra-durable mast sleeve top protector.
• Abrasion protection of lower two battens in rigging and boom wear areas.
• Extended sleeve bottom protection.
• Reinforced leading edge at camber contact points.
• High Strength Epoxy batten tips and close tolerance tip/tube interface for durability and smooth bend.