WARP-PATH™, S2 Maui’s functional and unique panel layout, aligns SpaceLight™ warp oriented Technora™ fibers along load paths in the sail body.
• LIGHTER SAILS: The strength of load oriented Technora™ fibers in super light SpaceLight™ material allows for reduction in patch size which results in a weight of finished sails 10-20% % below industry standard.
• STRONGER SAILS: Load oriented panels with high strength Technora™ distribute tension in high stress areas and create an incredibly strong sail body and perimeter. Double pass lamination ensures long term durability.
• STABILITY: Low stretch Technora™ fibers resolve downhaul, perimeter, and twist loads throughout the sail body, locking in shape, and limiting distortion wrinkles.
• MORE RESPONSIVE: The light weight and low stretch allow for an extremely quick reacting and responsive sail dynamic. Diagonally oriented Technora™ enables instant twist reflex response.
• HANDLING: Properly resolved internal
tension in the sail skin creates a magical feel that is light in the hands, and produces smooth consistent power.
• BALANCED TENSION: The WARP-PATH™ panel layout fiber orientation distributes forces throughout the sail body, creating a balanced skin tension and a smooth, efficient shape under load. The rig feels perfectly balanced and connected throughout a wide wind range.
• SHAPING FLEXIBILITY: WARP-PATH™ offers benefits of fiber orientation combined with the profile control advantages of vertical/horizontal sail shaping techniques.